Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bread, My First GF

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Bread

 

Made this recipe from long-time fav glutenfreegoddess.com--loving her recipes long-time. Way before I even considered a gluten-free life.

 

The texture on mine is a much coarser crumb, but still mighty moist and flavor-filled. I did substitute on both the buckwheat flour and millet--almond flour and oat flour, because that's what I had on-hand. Otherwise, I stuck to Karina's recipe because I know how well-researched and tested each of her recipes is. I have great respect with her acquired knowledge and food sense.

I've had almost no bread throughtout the past 8-weeks, not really missing it which has been a shocker.

Truly, truly, truly, eliminating "wheat" changes your whole perspective on hunger and cravings. Thank you Dr. William Davis. Your Wheat Belly book and blog have revolutionized my life.

Now that my internist and I have ruled-out Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, heart disease, and Hypo-Throidism, I'm ready to research and refine my future food elimibations. Just taking away wheat has made a 25% (my estimation) improvement, which has already revolutionized my outlook. And, I expect that as my Leaky Gut heals over the six months estimated, I'll feel even better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment