Friday, August 29, 2014

Corn Dogs

Gluten-free Corn Dog Bites

 

A group of friends got together for a lovely birthday lunch--3 of us celebrated birthdays during this past week (23rd, 26th, 29th). So, I wasn't much hungry for dinner tonight. The reheated GF pizza was not a viable option and CA ate the leftover fritata. I was too lazy to get takeout, so eventually I put together a "recipe" of sorts.

 

 

Using the pancake recipe (1/3) on the King Arthur Flour (GF) pancake mix box, I added some organic white cornmeal and mixed up a thick dipping batter. After cutting the Trader Joe's GF hot dogs in thirds, I dipped them thoroughly and dropped them into some hot oil. I need to tweak the proportions of pancake mix/cornmeal a bit. This'll work for my occasional hotdog fix.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment