Working on a repertoire of meals. This was excellent, but not my favorite tortillas.
The are the best! Except, they add wheat gluten to the white corn. Instead, I bought some random all-corn tortillas. I'm going to have to begin taste testing a variety of corn tortillas to find the tastiest GF version.
For today's lunch, I kept it simple.
Ground Beef Tacos
1 lb. gound beef
3-4 oz. tomato paste
2-3 T. ground chiles (not chili powder)
1/4 cup water
6-8 small all-corn tortillas
Salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce or cabbage
1. Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Return to medium heat.
2. Stir in tomato paste and ground chiles.
3, Add water. Mix thoroughly.
4. Simmer until liquid is mostly gone.
5. Heat olive oil in separate small skillet, until sizzling.
6. Add tortillas one at a time for just a few seconds on each side. Drain well.
7. Assemble your tacos, to taste.
Results: I will definitely have these for lunch going forward. If my tortillas had been larger, or if I'd overlapped two, I could've doctored these up with raw onions, avocado, tomatoes, etc.