Sunday, August 10, 2014

Where to Begin, Part 3

It's taken me several grocery runs to accept the fact that I need a pantry-shelf-full of new ingredients. Denial is a very powerful dynamic. It's dynamic.

I first purchased:

I ground much of this into a flour in my food processor.
 
 

Then, I read a few more Gluten-Free Goddess recipes, and some Aran Goyoago recipes. And, headed to Whole Foods for:

 

My first GF baking is a Nigella recipe Lemon Shortbread (GF buscuits), which I adapted a bit. Switched out the almond flour for coconut flour because I'd forgotten I'd already acquired almond flour. (Need to get these flours organized ASAP). And, I couldn't fathom using the zest of (3) lemons so I cut the quantity down to the zest of (1).

I used an 8" square baking pan and baked for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

 

 

 

Results: Tasty, but definitely a different mouth-feel compared to the all-purpose flour version.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment