Monday, August 11, 2014

Granola, Fruit and Nut

God bless the Gluten-Free Goddess. This Granola recipe is almost perfect. All I did was use about twice as many nuts as suggested (almonds, pecans, walnuts) and added dried cranberries, white raisins, blueberries, and peaches when the mix was hot out of the oven. And, I increased the quantity of maple syrup and light olive oil by 2 T. each to accomodate the extra bulk.

Makes approximately 9 cups.

Results: Wonderful. I might try honey next time, and add a bit of brown sugar to try to get the granola to form a few crunchy nuggets.

This is so not low-calorie, so I'll limit my intake. My non-GF spouse gives this two thumbs-up.

Update:

CA and I really love this, but we decided we wanted it more as a snack than breakfast cereal. So, we re-baked a big half of this batch and added 1/3 cup honey and 1/3 cup dark brown sugar. We baked 35-40 minutes, stirring twice. Sticky, but as it cooled it was easy to break into big, chunky goodness.

Next time I'll go the honey-brown sugar route from the get-go. And, I'll keep the quantity of oats as is, but totally bump up the nuts and dried fruit. I'll also up the cinnamon a bit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment